Unfortunately, it’s also made our eyes suffer a lot more than they ever have.
- Take computer breaks. For every 20 minutes you’re on the computer, take 20 seconds to look at something 20 feet away. This will help your eyes remain focused.
- Enlarge the font size on your screen. This makes it easier to read without straining.
- Dim your monitor. It doesn’t always have to be laser bright.
- Don’t work in a dark room as this makes your eyes work harder to see the computer monitor.
- Get an eye check-up at least once per year. This will help prevent many problems before they occur.
- Untether from the tech. You should spend no more than eight hours a day tethered to a machine.
How do you prevent eye strain when you’re sitting at the computer? Tell us about your tips on Facebook or in the comments below.